Friday, June 22, 2007

Coke: The 20 Oz Dribble Glass

I admit it. I'm a Pepsi drinker. But, sometimes you find yourself in an undesirable situation where Coke is all there is.

It was just such a situation I found myself in at 8 AM the other day. Coffee or Coke products. (You would expect better from a high end car dealer wouldn't you?) Don't drink coffee. Doing without caffeine at that hour is not an option. Coke it is.

So there I sit in my very comfortable waiting room leather chair. Watching the big screen TV with a remote customers can actually use.

Sip.

Dribble.

What? Am I missing my mouth that badly? Not even at 8 AM; just can't be. Way too many years practice for that.

Sip.

Dribble.

Now it's on my shirt. Time to get serious.

Turns out these 20 oz plastic bottles have an insane modification to the screw tops. On the bottle the threads are disrupted by channels on opposite sides of the bottle. If you don't get the bottle in your mouth the right way or further than most of us do, it has to drip.

Has to. Even Coke can't avoid physics.

I can only conclude the person who approved this design saw a chance to stick who knows how many thousands, maybe millions, of Coke drinkers with dribble glasses.

No comments: