Friday, June 01, 2007

Diabetic Testing Glucose Spreadsheet

Not long ago my Dr decided I should do a long term glucose tolerance test. Three months worth.

No biggie you say.

Not so fast sucker. That's three times a day for 90 days. By the time you're done, it is a real pain in the - no the butt is about the only place that might not be in pain 300 pokes later.

If you scribble like I do, you probably won't be able to read what you've written a couple of hours later to transfer it to wherever you're recording it. Record it you must. Your meter probably doesn't remember or average more than 100 sticks.

I have the big sky blue L for Lazy emblazoned on my forehead. It's not that I can't add 300 numbers and average them, not even when I have to sort them into fasting and not-fasting first. It just feels too much like work. Especially when we can make a computer the work for us.

Without further ado, I present a spreadsheet for your use.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pnHgzDmM6ac7dXPnNt3oIUw

Just remember where you got it when you pass it along. (Oh, and keep your fingers out of the hidden columns :P )

No comments: